Retreat Cancellation Policy
Retreats involve a number of upfront costs that are based on the number of registrants, including items such as facility fees, accommodation, food, supplies, and teacher travel and accommodation costs (for out of town teachers). Most of these costs are fixed and are not able to be reduced when a registrant cancels. This policy is intended to provide a fair process that applies to all registrants equally.
Non-residential weekend retreats
- Notice of cancellation greater than 28 days (4 weeks) prior to retreat start date: $25
- Notice of cancellation 8 -27 days prior to retreat start date: 50% of registration fee, including cost of food where applicable
- Notice of cancellation 7 days or fewer prior to retreat start date: No refund
- Cancellations due to personal, family, or medical emergencies can be dealt with on a case-by-case basis, but a $25 fee may still apply.
- Notice of cancellation greater than 42 days (6 weeks) prior to retreat start date: $50
- Notice of cancellation 21-41 days prior to retreat start date: 50% of registration fee
- Notice of cancellation 20 days or fewer prior to retreat start date: No refund
- Cancellations due to personal, family, or medical emergencies can be dealt with on a case-by-case basis, but a $50 fee, or fee equivalent to 1 registrant’s share of teacher travel/accommodation costs and/or food costs may still apply.
- Registrants wishing to make a cancellation must do so in writing through e-mail or post. Cancellation fee schedule will apply to the date the e-mail request was sent or the letter’s postmark date.
- Calgary IMS will confirm with the registrant the amount of the applicable cancellation fees once the cancellation request is received.
- Refunds are issued and cancellation fees charged through the retreat registrar(s) within one week of confirmation of the request.
- Cancellation requests by scholarship recipients may also be considered on a case-by-case basis and fees may still apply as per the emergency/medical issue policy above.